Angelo Oreste Simoncini born in Montespertoli in 1872 began his activities farmer to the 800 as a manufacturer of straw hats and, with the help of about sixty seasonal workers, transforms the straw braid for the manufacture of “hat of Florence” known throughout the world. First uses a small piece of land owned in addition to plots for rent for sowing straw.” On July 5, 1912 buy manufactured at “Casa di Monte” in Montespertoli with about 10 acres of land now comprising the corporate center. Between 1997 and 1999, the property covers an area of 54 hectares with a keen address typical Chianti wine. In 2002 the ‘company acquired 21 acres of land in “The Capitozze” in the Municipality of San Casciano Val di Pesa, the production area of Chianti Classico DOCG.
The company is composed of a total of 80 hectares of land in the ownership of which 35 hectares, 5 vineyards for the production of red and white wines and IGT wines Chianti, Chianti and Chianti Classico DOCG Montespertoli and 7 acres of olive orchard for production of extra virgin olive oil.
The olive groves of the farm house Monte lie partly in the Chianti Montespertoli and partly in the Chianti Classico San Casciano in Val di Pesa. The excellence of the oil produced is represented by Laudemio, a selection obtained from olives produced nell’oliveta in “The Capitozze”, in San Casciano Val di Pesa.