Tenuta il Corno It is one of the most beautiful estates in Val di Pesa and was built by the ancient Del Corno family in the 12th century. This family became known during the period of the Communes thanks to its wood trading activities. Moreover, the family committed itself with diligence and dedication to enhancing the rural environment and this estate was turned into a real “agronomical park”. In 1523 the estate passed to the Strozzi family. Since 1911 it is owned by the Counts Frova Arroni di Arrone, who carried on all its traditional agronomic activities – oil and wine production – with diligence and commitment, in a perfect union between high technology, traditional methods and respect for the environment. Their main activities involved agriculture and trading in general.
With the passing of time, the winery has selected autochthones grape varieties, which produce high quality Tuscan wines, such as the Colorino del Corno or the Malvasia di Santa Lucia used for the typical Tuscan dessert wine called Vin Santo, or several clones of original Tuscan Sangiovese grapes. This selection of clones is possible thanks to our “own roots plants”, over 300 years old. We improve the technological production but we really believe in “Culture” of Tuscan territory. As for wine, the tradition of producing olive oil has very ancient roots. Our oil mills –frantoio – and jar rooms – orciaia – have been used since the 15th century and they have always been appreciated for their production quality.