Situated on the Chianti’s hillsides overlooking the town of Arezzo, the estates of the Count Borghini Baldovinetti de’Bacci exemplify what the French call “Terroir”. To truly understand the secrets behind these great wines, one needs to understand the history of this precious land, and the family that has owned it for centuries. The first document proving the existence of vineyards on the property is dated 1416, when Francesco de’ Bacci sold a vineyard to finance the painting of the frescoes in the family Chapel by the famous painter Piero della Francesca. Just after the Second World War the estate committed to viticulture and winemaking, and then started bottling in the 1960′s. Today the winery exports worldwide.
The property extends over 850 hectares stretching mainly over a hilly land at an altitude that ranges from 250 to 450 mt above sea level. It encompasses three estates for a total of 150 hectares of vineyards.
Tenuta di San Fabiano. It is the heart of the business, with the cellars for the gathering, processing and ageing of the grapes that are brought here form the different estates. The farm also has a wine tasting room and retail point: “La Cantinetta”.
Tenuta di Campriano. Located near the Casentino valley, the estate produces the best grapes used for our cru wine, “L’Armaiolo”.
Tenuta di Poggio Uliveto. Located in the area of Nobile di Montepulciano near Siena, the estate produces Vino Nobile of Montepulciano and Chianti.